What are the types of Membrane Electrolyzer in the electrolysis process
The structure of the Membrane Electrolyzer varies according to the production situation and process properties. The commonly used Membrane Electrolyzers mainly have the following structural forms.
(1) Cold water tank: It is generally welded with carbon steel, or welded with rigid PVC plastic plate to make a rectangular container. The upper part of this tank is provided with an overflow port, and the lower part has a drain port. The overflow port is to remove the dirt on the water surface, and the drain port is reserved for changing the water to clean the tank, or not. It is used for the sink after pickling. It is made of plastic. The inner wall made of carbon steel needs to be lined with rubber or covered with fiberglass.
(2) Hot water tank: Similar in structure to the cold water tank, the difference is that it is equipped with heating facilities, and its overflow size is slightly larger than that of the cold water tank. The hot water tank is mostly welded with carbon steel. If anti-corrosion treatment is required, it can be lined with soft plastic, glass fiber reinforced plastic or rubber lined sheet. Membrane Electrolyzer of this kind of lining is more commonly used, which not only ensures rigidity, strength, but also anti-corrosion performance.
(3) Acid solution plating tank: Acid solution is highly corrosive, Membrane Electrolyzer made of carbon steel must be treated with anti-corrosion, lined with soft polyvinyl chloride plastic plate, PP, PTFE, lined with glass fiber reinforced plastic or lined with hard rubber ( Sl001), etc., can also be welded with rigid PVC plastic plates. Its heating tube can be selected from titanium tube or fluoroplastic heating tube.
(4) Electrochemical degreasing tank and alkaline Membrane Electrolyzer: Since the alkaline solution can be made of anti-corrosion fluoroplastics, it has strong anti-corrosion performance.
(5) Chemical degreasing tank (alkali tank): its solution is alkaline solution, and its working temperature is 70~800℃. The tank is mostly made of carbon steel. Due to the high temperature, the outer wall of the Membrane Electrolyzer should have a thermal insulation layer.
There are many types of electrolyzers. The above are several commonly used Membrane Electrolyzer structures. For large-sized tanks, the structural strength should be considered according to the actual situation.